Dear GCC Member,
As an active dues paying member of the Garden Centers of Colorado, your benefits include full access to the newly developed New Employee Training Program. This training program is the newest member benefit and will be updated annually. Renewing your membership each year will provide your organization and staff with the latest training materials and updated certificates. Please find below the details and instructions on how to use and access the program materials.
This training program was developed to provide a basic understanding of the garden center operations and industry terminology for new employees and seasonal employees. This training program may be a great refresher for experienced employees as well. Please note this program was designed to supplement your own training program.
Here are the steps to launch this training program for your new employee(s):
1. Determine the time frame and schedule for each employee to complete reading the training material, watching the videos, and taking the quiz. You do not need to view all the videos at once, they have been broken up into sections so consider this when scheduling time for training.
2. Access the printed training material (see below for PDF) and print a copy for each employee to read and keep for future reference.
3. Print the Certificate Questions and Answer Key (see below for PDF) and provide a copy to each employee prior to watching the videos and reading the material. This is an open book quiz.
4. Access the video and/or provide the links to each employee to view on their own:
All Videos in One - 45:33 minutes: All Videos in One Video
Video 1 - 1:37 minutes: Introduction and Customer Service
Video 2 - 5:22 minutes: Customer Service and Nursery Department
Video 3: 3:27 minutes: Nursery
Video 4: 5:29 minutes: Turfgrass
Video 5: 7:31 minutes: Hardgoods
Video 6: 6:01 minutes: Houseplants
Video 7: 9:42 minutes: Annuals
Video 8: 6:20 minutes: Herbs & Veggies
5. After the employee has read the materials and watched the video, have them complete the quiz and provide you or your training manager with a copy of the answers to the quiz. Review the answers with our employee and correct any mistakes.
6. Once you are satisfied that the employee has successfully read the material, viewed the videos and passed the quiz; please email GCC’s main office with their name and date completed. Email your name, organization name, employee’s name who completed the training program and date of complete to: email@example.com. GCC will maintain a roster of all employees who have completed this program and provide you with a letter of recognition.
7. Finally, please print the Certificate of Completion (see below for PDF) and provide it to your employee who completed the training program. Before your print the PDF, please insert the Employee's name, the date of completion, and the name of the Manager/Supervisor. Then you can print and present to your employees who have completed this program!
GCC welcomes any feedback and suggestions. The Education Training Committee is committed to making sure this training program and materials reflect our current garden center operations and is easy to implement as part of your training program. Any comments or suggestions to improve this program, may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GCC Education Committee
Diana Mundinger, Eagle Crest Nursery
Trela Phelps, City Floral Garden Center
Michael Morris, The Flower Bin
Jeff Echter, Echter's Nursery and Garden Center
Hannah Lucey, City Floral Garden Center
Megan Combs, City Floral Garden Center
Cheryl DeBaise, Garden Centers of Colorado